Mining Dust Collection Applications:
- Excavation sites
- Hammer mills
- Rock crushing
- Ball mills
- Mill conveyor transfer points
- Coal mining dust processing
- Bin venting of quarry storage
Video: Expert Discusses Dust Collection for Mining
Controlling dust from mining equipment at excavation sites, mill transfer points and similar locations is a difficult challenge. The EPA has strict limits on annual emission amounts. If emissions are too high, production schedules may be curtailed. That's why proper design and selection of dust collection equipment is such an important concern. Minimizing emissions allows production of more product. Our Farr Gold Series dust collector has been stack tested at 0.0003 gr/dscf emissions on heavy duty rock crushing.
Farr Gold Series dust collector operating at a conveyor transfer station.
Camfil APC's innovative Farr Gold Series collector is uniquely suited to the mining industry because of its extremely rugged heavy-gauge construction: It features a compact modular design that optimizes field flexibility and integrates well with conveyor bin vents.
Benefits of the Farr Gold Series® for Mining
- High entry cross-flow inlet eliminates upward can velocities that can hold fine powder up in the filters reducing re-entrainment of the fine particles.
- High efficiency filters stop 99.99% at 0.5µ of the dust!
- Special treated filter media repels the fine particle for lower pressure drop and long filter life.
- Gold Cone® filter cartridge provides 25% more media for long service life.
Two GS96 Units at a Nickel Mine.
The Farr Gold Series collector has a much smaller footprint than a conventional baghouse and operates at lower pressure drop. Stack testing of the Farr Gold Series collector in mining applications has measured less than 1.15 milligram per cubic meter of emissions, about half the emissions level for which the collectors were permitted. What sets Farr apart as the leader in high efficiency filtration design is the new Gold Cone cartridge filter.
HemiPleat® high efficiency cartridges and a cross flow inlet design allow the Farr Gold Series to handle very heavy loadings that horizontal cartridges cannot.
Custom Components for Mining Applications
- UHMW inlet wear liner
- Abrasion resistant inlet with slanted baffle
- Outlet stack extension with test port
- Copper tubing between solenoid and diaphragm valve
- Quick closing valve for diaphragm valve
- Rotary airlock with chrome lining, Tenv Mill/Chem w/ Zero Speed Switch (Sizes 254mm x 254mm, 305mm x 305mm also available in 316L SS)
- Rotary airlock access platform and ladder
Below the following items display elements and functionality of mining dust collectors.
A. Gold Cone®HemiPleat® Filter Cartridge
B. Inlet Baffle Wear Design
C. UHMW Wear Compound
D. Rotary Airlock with Chrome Lining,
Tenv Mill/Chem w/ Zero Speed Switch
The Farr Gold Series has additional unique features and options not covered here, including provisions for future needs and expansions. Farr will help with finding solutions to specific problems that you are trying to solve.
One of the main concerns with cartridge dust collectors is how well the pleated cartridge design will hold up against moisture. Will the moisture in the ore present plugging problems?
Standard Dimple-pleat Separation Method
Camfil APC's Exclusive HemiPleat Design
Video: HemiPleat Pulse Cleaning
The key to the HemiPleat's superior performance is Camfil APC's exclusive, state-of-the-art pleating technology. Synthetic beads hold the pleats of the cartridge open with wide pleat spacing not found in competitive cartridges, which are packed too tightly to maximize media use, especially in mining applications. The wider spacing of the HemiPleat design improves cartridge release characteristics during pulse cleaning, greatly reducing the potential for plugging. Learn much more about HemiPleat here.
Gold Cone cartridge filters near the 2-year mark in operation on a mining application.
Proper Sizing of the Farr Gold Series®
Mining applications require a specific, maximum air-to-cloth ratio when sizing up the dust collector system for the intended operation. Camfil APC has professional personnel with many years of experience in the mining industry to review your project and propose a customized Farr Gold Series system.
Farr Gold Series capturing fugitive dust over a conveyor
Contact us here at Camfil APC and we will put you in touch with our Farr Gold Series expert for mining applications. He will work with you to size up the right system with the necessary features and options to solve your dust problems.
Farr Gold Series units on crushing copper ore
- Unimin Corporation
- Phelps Dodge/Freeport
- Aker Kvaemer
- Ravensthorpe Nickel
- Oglebay Norton Specialty Minerals
- Corporacion Nacional del Cobre de Chile (CODELCO)
- Carlotta Copper Company Mine (subsidiary of Quadra Mining)
- American Smelting and Refining Company (ASARCO)
- GOLDCORP Éléonore
The Éléonore Project- Building a World Class Mine