Mist Collector Solves Oil Mist Problems
Collects, separates and filters straight oil mist from machining processes in shops and manufacturing environments
- Oil mist separation
- Oil mist collection
- Oil mist filtration
High-end, modular solution for highly efficient oil mist collection and separation.
With advances in technology, the productivity and accuracy of machine tools continues to improve. As a result, there is increasing demand for equipment that can collect ultra-fine oil mists and airborne particles. High quality oil mist collectors are required to ensure worker safety, maintain production efficiency, protect capital plant and equipment, and comply with OSHA workplace exposure limits. The Oil Expert mist collector provides optimal results even under the most challenging conditions.
Mist Collector Key Features:
- Highly efficient, multi-stage filtration
- Efficient separation of ultra-fine coolant mists (99.97% on 0.3 micron and higher particle size with the optional HEPA final filter)
- Self-cleaning filtration media enables long filter life with minimal maintenance
- Adjustable airflow (will not affect collection efficiency)
- Flexible and modular design – plug-and-play delivery
- Multiple mist collector units can be combined for any size application
- Optional clean air re-circulation
- 24/7 operation
Cascade collector design with ascending filter classes allows filters to be configured for the specific machining process.
Integrated or top-mount fans provide reliable, constant extraction power to meet the application requirements. With integrated fans, acoustic insulation is included in the housing. The units are delivered ready for plug-and-play without any additional assembly required at the installation.
Due to the self-regeneration design of the filter elements, the separated cooling lubricant is released from the filter media and drains to the fluid return sump at the base of the unit. Through either a recirculation pump or siphon, the collected coolant can be returned for treatment, reuse or disposal.
FILTER CASSETTE WITH MEDIA SEPARATORS FOR MAXIMUM FILTER AREA - The CoaPack filter element provides maximum filter area within a compact design. This construction ensures a uniform flow, optimum use of diffusion and coalescence, which is a relevant separation mechanism for ultra-fine mists. The small load acting on the filter surface reduces the energy consumption and significantly increases the service life of the filter element.
IDEAL DRAINAGE PERFORMANCE FOR OPTIMUM FILTER REGENERATION
The premium filtration effectiveness of the Oil Expert is due to the ideal balance between separation performance and regeneration of the separated cooling lubricant from the filter media. This is achieved by using drainage-friendly materials together with special drainage support mats, protective screens, and spacers.
CLEAN MAINTENANCE. EASY FILTER CHANGE.
The Oil Expert was designed to be practically maintenance-free to minimize downtime. Fast-acting clamps makes it easy to change filter cartridges without tools. They can be accessed via the service door(s) and removed drop-free using the optional transport trolley.
Top Element Modules
1. Connecting box - Required to use an external fan. For optimum flexibility, connect the external fan's duct work to either side.
2. Integrated fan - A high-grade fan with a compact design and integrated noise insulation
3. Top mount fan - To connect a downstream silencer.
HEPA Final Filter
4. Final filter stage - Available as an option to recirculate the air and for particulates like smoke that are less than 1 micron.
Main Filter Stage Module
5. Main filter stage - for CoaPack diffusion filter cartridges and using the optional coarse filter stage for high contamination or clean air re-circulation.
Bottom Element Modules
6. Fluid collector for installation on platforms. Vertical cooling lubricant discharge via siphon or gravity.
7. Fluid collector with re-circulation pump station - Use if discharge by gravity is not feasible or for feeding into the cooling lubricant re-circulation supply for the machine tools. Integrated pumps are available in two sizes.
8. Fluid collector for floor installation - Discharge of the cooling lubricant through a siphon and by gravity.
9. Compact dirty air transition for connection to circular pipes.
By combining different basic modules, it's possible to design economically efficient central extraction systems of 41,000 CFM and more.
- Component design flexibility for customized application
- Minimum space requirement, maximum performance
- System can be expanded in the future as needed
- Short delivery time
- Easy transport and installation
The Oil Expert solves oil mist collection problems.
No Leaks – Guaranteed
German engineering and American manufacturing expertise result in premium quality products. We guarantee that our mist collectors will not leak.
Download our 12-year limited warranty for details.