Is Your Factory Safe from a Dust Collector Explosion?
The danger of explosion from combustible dust is high. Your facility and employees could be at risk. There are many types of combustible dust found in factory processes that many employees and employers are unaware of. Examples of combustible dust are food ingredients (sugar, spice, starch, flour, grain), metals (magnesium, aluminum, chromium, iron, zinc), paper, pulp, plastics, textiles, bio solids, wood, rubber, dyes, pharmaceuticals, pesticides and even soap, to name a few.
OSHA, ATEX and NFPA want you to be compliant with government regulations. You’ve come to the right place for help!
The Chemical Safety Board (CSB) has released the video above entitled, “Combustible Dust: An Insidious Hazard.” This is an excellent video featuring three outstanding animations of major dust accidents and shows the need for comprehensive standard and improved safety practices.
Camfil APC can help solve your combustible dust problem with:
- Farr Gold Series® Dust Collectors - built to your requirements and shipped quickly. The Farr Gold Series exceeds the new OSHA mandates for indoor air quality in factories.
- Explosion vents manufactured in accordance with NFPA and ATEX standards
- Complete technical and engineering support
- Fully equipped test lab
- Distributors trained In OSHA and NFPA compliance
- HemiPleat® fire-retardant filter cartridges utilize a high quality uniform pleat pack, establishing the superiority of this cartridge over all other products in the market.
The following is another CSB safety video about a fatal combustible dust explosion at the AL Solutions metal recycling facility in New Cumberland, West Virginia. The December 9, 2010 accident at the facility that milled and processed scrap titanium and zirconium metal killed three employees and injured a contractor.
Let us help you
- Camfil APC's analysis of NFPA 68 Standard on Explosion Protection by Deflagration Venting
- How to Make Sure Your Dust Collection System Complies with Combustible Dust Standards
- Camfil APC capabilities brochure