Camfil APC is a manufacturer of industrial dust and fume collection equipment. We provide clean air solutions that protect people and processes. We created the Farr Gold Series® - the toughest, best built industrial dust collectors in the industry. Continued growth of our business and aggressive goals are leading us to find professional and skillful people to join our team.
Unless otherwise specified, contact Human Resource Manager Sandy Hogan at 800-933-8048 ext. 7107 or 870-910-7107 direct. You can also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our talented team at APC Europe and contact Caroline Pfeffer at +49 (0)7461 7011-121. You can also email her at email@example.com. We are also looking for distributors and resellers as well as sales engineers throughout Europe.
The following positions are presently available:
Education & Work experience
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in the fields of supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing.
• Planning and decision-making abilities
• Negotiation and collaboration skills
• The ability to analyze technical data
• Exceptional mathematical and multi-tasking skills
• The ability to schedule and manage people and projects
• Strong computer skills, ideally with experience using Windows-based PC programs.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines.
• Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvements.
Job summary and key objectives
The Purchasing Manager will be responsible for maintaining relationships with current suppliers and sourcing new suppliers when required, establishing relationships with vendors, negotiating purchasing contracts, solving order discrepancies, and managing the supply chain process from the request for proposal stage through delivery. The purchasing manager will also be required to liaise with other departments, such as production control and engineering, on supply chain matters while supervising a staff of buyers and purchasing agents. The key objective of the Director of Purchasing will be to lead a purchasing team and use them to develop and maintain a strategic sourcing process to drive drive cost out of the supply chain and procure materials at the best possible prices while ensuring the highest quality with acceptable lead times.
• Maintaining the purchasing policy and ensuring that all purchases adhere to it.
• Choosing the suppliers that the company will deal with and maintaining the legal interaction with them.
• Staff recruitment, training and management.
• Liaison with other departments, particularly the accounting, production control, and manufacturing departments.
• Budgeting, costing and cost savings.
• Managing and mentoring a dynamic team of purchasing professionals.
• Establishing and maintaining measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities to include but not limited to supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial (AP) performance, and material shortage elimination.
• Report to management the measurable status of progress and corrective actions as it pertains to supplier performance.
• Ensure performance improvement and recovery plans are developed, issued, tracked and reported on as required for supply base management and improvement.
• Negotiate and execute purchase orders or vendor contracts as needed to support the critical business needs.
• Strategically develop and implement commodity/supply chain strategies covering all commodities, services and supplier processes throughout a global enterprise to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization.
• Leads product development commodity strategies in line with corporate initiatives to improve supply chain efficiencies and reduce the total cost of supply chain management.
• Manages all activities that develop relationships with suppliers.
• Manages materials savings initiatives in line with profit plan and overall business objectives.
Problem Solving, Presenting Technical Information, Process Improvement, Software Maintenance, Software Testing, Network Design and Implementation, Load Balancing and Scalability, Vendor Relationships, Software Performance Tuning, Network Performance Tuning
The IT Support Specialist role is to perform the initial triage and attempt resolution of incidents reported to the Service Desk. IT Support Specialists are also empowered to deliver service in the fulfillment of Service Requests.
IT Support Specialists assist IT staff and the service desk in managing escalation of technology support related to customer service incidents. IT Support Specialists receive and handle requests for support following agreed procedures, while also responding to requests for support by providing information to enable problem resolution and promptly escalate unresolved requests as appropriate.
IT Support Specialists have the ability to work well as part of a team and possess superior communication; excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. IT Support Specialists also work as self-starters with the ability to find his/her own solutions to problems and understand the inter-dependencies between applications/systems. They need to be able to leverage checklists and knowledge management practices to avoid re-solving old problems.
• Evaluate system potential by testing compatibility of new programs with existing programs.
• Evaluate expansions or enhancements by studying work load and capacity of computer systems.
• Confirm program objectives and specifications by testing new programs; comparing programs with established standards; making modifications.
• Evaluate vendor-supplied software by studying user objectives; testing software compatibility with existing hardware and programs.
• Place software into production by loading software into computer; entering necessary commands.
• Place hardware into production by establishing connections; entering necessary commands.
• Maximize use of hardware and software by training users; interpreting instructions; answering questions.
• Maintain system capability by testing computer components.
• Prepare reference for users by writing operating instructions.
• Maintain historical records by documenting hardware and software changes and revisions.
• Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Coordinate with night-time and Global APC staff in order to ensure their IT needs are met.
• Other duties as needed.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSE) “Electrical preferred” or similar experience in the integrated controls and panel building industry. 3-5 years related job experience with understanding of IEC 60204. 3-5 years Electrical Cad experience, example AutoCad Electrical or ePlan software. Seimens and AB(Rockwell) PLC/HMI development experience. Machine integration, startup and troubleshooting electrical systems. Some knowledge of air conveying and dust collection systems a plus.
Strong knowledge of control and electrical system design and its application in automated industrial designs.
Manage and process incoming electrical controls specifications for orders from receipt into engineering to product shipment. Provide leadership in all facets of integrated controls engineering and design.
Communicate with customers and vendors to establish final controls design solutions to fit their needs and oversee the accuracy and completion of product design changes through engineering and manufacturing.
Perform mathematical computations to develop, design, and complete detailed specifications of components and products.
Will require designing and drafting of dust collection controls systems using information, sketches, diagrams, calculations, and orders provided by outside sales forces and customers. Ability to balance multiple projects is a must.
Some travel will be required to support dust collections projects.
1. Develop electrical and controls system design solutions based on engineering principles and involvement in presentation of the solution to customer.
2. Produce electrical schematics and drawings as needed.
3. Provide technical support to external and internal customers.
4. Resolve operational problems related to projects and minimize delays or unexpected cost increases.
5. Responsible for project success whether project leader or as part of a project team.
6. Ensure all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed for all work completed.
7. Support sales team in pre-sales technical concept and budgeting activities.
8. Interpret client requirements, identify and address design parameters and engineering problems and ensure solutions are implemented accurately and within budget.
See description below.
Are you looking for a challenge and have a strong commercial and results focus? Do you want to work at a company that provide clean air solutions that protect people and processes all over the world? Then Camfil APC may be the next step in your career.
Camfil Air Pollution Control (APC) is looking for a Purchasing Director for Europe that will increase our competitiveness by reducing material cost, improving parts quality and suppliers’ delivery performance as well as increasing our innovativeness. The role is responsible for establishing the necessary systems, processes and tools to achieve that continuously and systematically.
The position will be based at the Camfil APC office in Tuttlingen, Southern Germany. The role is part of the APC Europe management team and reports to the Vice President of APC Europe.
• Develop, implement and monitor a purchasing strategy covering all commodities, services and supplier processes to deliver maximum value, leverage, and standardization which in line with APC business strategy.
• Establish and maintain measurable performance metrics for all levels of procurement activities including supplier performance, supplier quality, internal order placement performance, buyer activity levels, financial performance, and material shortage elimination.
• Make sure the company purchases the right parts/products to the customer requested quality with the right timing to the lowest possible price.
• Drive together with Engineering the standardization and modularization of the product portfolio.
• Evaluate, select, maintain, develop suppliers to secure supplier quality and increase supplier flexibility.
• Collaborate with the purchasing counterparts in APC regions for global purchasing initiatives.
• Manage and develop the employees of Purchasing Europe.
The role involves traveling, both inside and outside Germany.
In order to be successful as a senior buyer, we believe you have/are:
• A Bachelor’s degree in the field of supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing
• 7-10 years of progressive experience in purchasing in the manufacturing industry, preferably in a global organization
• Well-developed skills and knowledge of state-of-the-art purchasing tools
• Structured and systematic
• Strong negotiation, leadership and management skills
• A motivated team player
• Fluent in German
• Good English skills, both written and oral
We offer a challenging job and an attractive work environment in a development oriented culture, where commitment, teamwork and a positive approach are valued.
Do you recognize yourself in this description and want to live on clean air?
Send in your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The selection and interview process is ongoing, so please submit your application as soon as possible but no later than 15 September 2016. The position can be filled before the application deadline has passed.
Camfil APC is part of the Camfil Group, the world leader in developing and manufacturing of filter and air pollution solutions. Camfil APC is part of the process-exhaust-air unit APC. We offer solutions for customers in all major industrial sectors, in the area of standard systems as well as in plant construction.
Camfil APC as part of the Air Pollution Control segment of Camfil has a strong focus in solutions for industrial air pollution control with more than 120 years of experience. The company has more than 120 employees, incl. the subsidiaries in China and the Czech Republic
Camfil is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. The headquarters of the whole Camfil group is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Group sales total more than SEK 6 billion per year. Read more on www.camfil.com and on www.camfilapc.com.
The following applicant will have a minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience selling industrial equipment. Applicant will need to be a self starter with the following skills:
1.Work experience in the dust collection or air filtration industry a plus
2. Experience selling Industrial equipment in the fan, HVAC or similar industries
3. Sandler Sales Training or Similar Sales Program
4. Ability to do cold calls to identify new prospects and customers.
5. Proficient with ACT and Microsoft products
6.Qualified individual will report directly to the Regional Sales Manager.
Camfil APC, a world leader in clean air solutions, is seeking a Sales Manager to expand and manage our dust collection business. The position will be responsible for prospecting and developing new customers, creating and manage top 50 prospect list for the territory. The position will require 30% office time doing cold calls and 70% visiting customers. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with industrial sales experience in air filtration and or dust collection products, have a high degree of mechanical aptitude, and embrace a customer focused, solution oriented, approach to solving problems. Compensation: Farr APC will offer you a base salary plus commission, company vehicle, 401K and health benefits package.